Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fruit Snacks and Fire Alarms

Usually I save fruit snacks for the grocery store and church, but yesterday I caved and let Kaiden have some "just because". He has always talked to his fruit snacks while eating them, stating the color and animal of each fruit snack then saying "yeah" before he popped each one into his mouth. Yesterday I noticed he has added to his little ritual and has started biting off each animals head after he states the color and type of animal, then says "where's his head go?" "I don't know, maybe next time". I don't know where he gets this stuff, it's funny what they come up with sometimes.

Talking to his fruit snacks, silly kid



Then today Kaiden asked for a bagel, so I put it in the toaster and got busy with something else (forgetting that our toaster has been deciding on it's own when it's going to pop up, no matter what setting you put it on). Next thing I know the fire alarm is going off, so I hurry and pop the charred bagel up, open the door and run over to the fire alarm with a chair and a pillow to fan the smoke detector. The alarm stopped after just a minute and the boys didn't freak out at all, they thought it was kind of cool actually. Kaiden informed me that "maybe the firefighters will come", he was pretty bummed about his bagel too.

8 comments:

... CBM ... said...

Well him & Parker sound like they could talk each other's ears off! ;) I love the burnt toast face.


You’ve been tagged! See blog for details.
www.machcphotography.com/blog

Teresa Jolley said...

Scott Scott Scott. Wow, I doubt you'll even remember me, Teresa Johnson (then), but I remember you. I found your blog off of Katie Mattesons. I lived in Fairbanks with my cuz Crystal Smart for about 6 monts and we always hung out in our little gang. Do you remember?? Huh??

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Sad face. Abigail loves fruit snacks. She doesn't get them very often, mostly because if she has a snack in the afternoon she doesn't really eat dinner. Maybe it's because she eats such a big lunch. But she doesn't talk to them (yet), she just devours them. I open them, hand them to her, turn around, and they are gone. Less than a minute usually.

Reddington Clan said...

Kluane I love the blog your boys are so cute. Our blog site is 3menandalady1.blogspot.com. It will be a great way to keep in touch. And what is this that I hear that you are pregnant! Congrats!!

Miranda said...

Tee! Hee! What a funny kid and I have to tell you my Livi set the record straight fire alarms don't "go off" they "go on". And I think she has a pretty good argument!

Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! said...

Kluane- Your boys are ADORABLE and i'm so happy to hear you're having a girl! How fun! Congrats!
Katie

Teresa Jolley said...

Your kids are so adorable. It's so weird to see people that you haven't seen for years and years, you think there still that age when you last saw them so it was cool to read your blog and see your cute family.

Edee Ulrich said...

Your boys are so adorable!! We miss you guys being in our ward and seeing you even though you live so very far away!! I love seeing all the cute things on your blog!