Monday, April 27, 2009

Update

Thanks for the suggestions for Connor, here is what happened.

Well, on Saturday morning Connor asked for his blanket. I thought, oh no... but I just told him that he is a big boy now and doesn't need his blanket anymore. Then the tears started. I decided that he may need a little encouragement, so I said that since he is such a big boy and doesn't need his blanket anymore that we could go to the store and he could pick out a treat. At which point the tears immediately stopped... yay!! All weekend he talked about getting his "present" (we didn't even make it to the store till today, and he was surprisingly okay with that too) and never even mentioned the blanket again. He still hasn't even tried to suck his thumb, hopefully he never realizes that it is possible to suck his thumb without holding onto a silky edged blanket. We shall see:)

I did hide all of his back up blankets too (any blanket with silk on the edge), so I guess it's been the out of site out of mind thing. I really didn't think it would be this easy because he would ask for it all of the time. He would ask for it as we were leaving to go somewhere, so we would bring it with us in the car. When he wanted to watch something he would ask for his blanket and of course whenever he was tired he would curl up with it and suck his thumb and fall asleep. Scott has even made runs to the car in the middle of sacrament meeting for the blanket. Not having his blanket has made giving up naps easier for him too. He must have just been ready for this or I am sure it would not have been so easy. I'm so proud of him!! Good luck to all of you out there that still have little thumb suckers.

6 comments:

Marci Ward said...

Man...you are lucky! How old is Connor, maybe it will happen in good time with Will. I'm glad it has all worked out so well! Good job!

Miranda said...

Way to go Mom! I hope Isaac and his binkie will be that easy!

Nat said...

So, how do I get my 4 year-old to stop sucking on the fringe of his blankets? It's only at night, but dude, he's 4.

The Mattesons said...

Congrats Connor! I wish we were having that much good luck with Walker. We thought we were, but he has given up. He likes to hold and rub his ear when he does it...I wish I could cut them off so maybe he would stop!!! J/K! But way to go and congrats again!

The Taylor's said...

Good Job...both of my girls have blankets but no thumbing sucking yet we will see what the baby does. My fight is getting Hannah off the sippy cup, never thought it would be such a battle!

DCAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/merek-kacamata-terbaik-dan-terkenal