Friday, April 24, 2009

First Solids

Cambrie is 6 months old now, a whole half a year old!! I can't believe it, I really hope the next 6 months do not go as fast (especially since it will be summer). I thought it was time for her to try some rice cereal. She didn't really like it, but loved trying to get the spoon from me. Not too difficult of a task as I was trying to take pictures at the same time. Next time I'll have to have Scott feed her and I'll do video and more pics.

Her first bite, although I don't think she even swallowed anything.

She kept trying to take the spoon from me

I don't think she is a fan

I love her chubby little hands!!



I thought it would be fun to post pictures of the boys trying solid food too(I didn't realize they had the same bib on till I uploaded the pics, I should have put the same one on Cambrie)

Connor Loving Peas

Kaiden Eating Bananas


Kaiden also had his first soccer practice, here is a little collage I made.


On a side note, Connor has not sucked his thumb for over 48 hours!! Shhhhhhh, don't tell him because I don't even think he has realized it. He has always had a thing for his blanket (it's a fleece on with a silky edge) especially when he sleeps and whenever he has it he sucks his thumb. Well, I recently decided that his blanket would be a great thing to take away when he misbehaves (man I should have thought of that much sooner). The first few times he kept asking for it, and I would give it back to him the next day. Well, I had to take it away again on Wednesday and he has not asked for it since. He didn't even ask for it at bedtime!! I'm just hoping he never asks for it again, because if I give it back to him he'll probably just go back to sucking his thumb. What should I do, tell him he is a big boy now and doesn't need a blanket?? Let me know if you have any suggestions.

5 comments:

Marci Ward said...

WOW way to go with no sucking the thumb. Will does the same thing...so maybe if I can get his blanket away from him he'll stop. As for not giving it back...hmm...I think that I might tell Will it is only for babies, and since he is a big boy now I put it with the rest of his baby things in the basement. Just and idea. I'll let you know if it works and you can tell me what you did that worked! Can't wait to see you guys in August!

Miranda said...

I love the picture of her reaching with her chubby fingers! So cute! Your family is so adorable

THE CONKS said...

Cambrie is so cute, I love her hair. Yeah for Connor and not sucking his thumb. I hope he can keep it up:)

Nat said...

She's so cute! I love all that dark hair of hers! And AWESOME about the thumb sucking! I was a super thumb sucker, so the sooner they quit the better!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

I wouldn't give him back the blanket. I second what Marci said. He's a big boy now and doesn't need it anymore. Hopefully that works. But don't even mention that it is gone. Some kids don't even notice, and that makes it so much easier. I think Abigail would flip if I took her blanket. Thankfully it stays in her bedroom most of the time. She even lets Bryant borrow one if his are both dirty.